Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Kolkata Senior Consultant Posts | Bachelor's in Engineering/Other Equivalent | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant careers India announces job vacancies for Senior Consultant posts, with work location in Kolkata.
Under Cognizant Kolkata Hiring Senior Consultant 2021 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Workflow, Core ABAP, Telematic Services can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode
Job Designation: Senior Consultant-ERP SAP.
Job Code: 00043978822.
Education Qualification: Bachelors in Engineering/Other Equivalent.
Experience Level: 5 to 8 years.
Job Location: Kolkata.
Apply Mode: Online.
Project Planning & Setup:
- Understand and contribute to resource plan.
- Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in the creation of project plan.
- Contribute to hardware/software requirement plan.
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non-functional requirements and seek clarifications for a better understanding of requirements.
- Define timeline estimates based on the requirements, complexity and in-house capability.
- Communicate estimates to supervisor for review.
- Provide inputs on the technical feasibility of requirements.
- Identify gaps in requirements.
- Share additional requirements identified with a supervisor.
- Guide team in preparation of technical specification document and review the same.
- Break down the baselines requirements into business and functional requirements.
- Prepare high-level and low-level design and share with supervisor for approval.
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Share the design document with the functional team post supervisor review.
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with a supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight/recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to the supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by the team.
- Coordinate with QA team during the testing phase.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Conduct functional/non-functional testing if required.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Fix complex defects identified during functional / non functional testing.
- Understand the defect impact/criticality and handle accordingly.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Review defect fixes done by team guide them.
- Fix defects identified during UAT within agreed timelines.
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
Deployment & Closure:
- Conduct allocated transition tasks as per agreed timelines.
- Address queries/provide assistance in fixing issues during the warranty period.
- Provide prompt response during production support.
- Fix defects as and when required.
- Review defect fixes.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity check post-deployment to ensure smooth production.
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
Service Support & Maintenance:
- Participate in scoping meetings and identify transition requirements for new projects.
- Reconfirm requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Freeze SME calendar.
- Provide transition activities.
- Regularly track the progress of transitions through weekly dashboards.
- Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging.
- Post information gathering, identify whether the incoming request is a service request or an incident.
- Determine urgency and impact of the situation.
- Assign appropriate priority to the incident.
- Assign the incident to the right stakeholder for a workaround/fix.
- Conduct analysis on various incidents that occur frequently Categorize recurring incidents as problems/known errors.
- Provide support to resolve these errors.
- Initiate change management process.
- Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by the supervisor.
- Share artifact with supervisor for review.
- Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
- Seek inputs from the knowledge repository to resolve problems.
- Apply best practices/ learning during development activities.
- Provide support in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentations.
- Conduct training with the help of the academy and mentoring with respect to domain.
- Mentor new joiners in EAS function on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to various project managers in the identification of training needs of their subordinates.
- Provide inputs during goal setting and performance appraisal.
- Core ABAP
- Telematic Services
- Social Media Command Center
Good To Have Skills:
- Adobe Interactive Forms
- Abap Web Services
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with Cognizant career portal and login in to apply.