S&P Global Mumbai Software Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global India announces job vacancies for Software Engineer posts, with work location in Mumbai.
Under S&P Global Mumbai Software Engineer 2020 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Java/J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, Hibernate, UNIX/Linux Operating System, Python/Scala/Spark can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Software Engineer.
Job Code: 256449.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 2 to 4 years.
Job Location: Mumbai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Design and development of Java applications for SPDJI web sites and its feeder systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, De-bugging & Documentation.
- Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 2 to 4 years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Experience in deploying Java/J2EE applications on Weblogic servers.
- Experience in Oracle Database environment – SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Experience with Hibernate or other OR-mapping technologies.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- Experience using system tools, source control systems, utilities and third-party products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiency.
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options asset classes.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using JQuery, HTML5 & CSS.
- Basic Knowledge of Python/Scala/Spark