Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) Chennai Database Engineer Posts | Bachelor of Engineering | Apply Now
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading Information technology consulting company.
In the latest job announcement, TCS India announces job vacancies for Database Engineer posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under TCS Chennai Database Engineer 2020 Jobs, candidates having required skills in MS SQL Server Administration can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Database Engineer.
Job Code: 164023.
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
Experience Level: 4 to 6 years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- This position is in the Database Engineering Projects team.
- Candidate would be expected to execute multiple application and infrastructure projects ensuring that all DBA and Project checkpoints have been addressed.
- For the duration of the project assignment, the candidate will function as the primary database contact, Application Partners and Technical Services partners.
- There is a 4-6 week ramp up time, during which someone will shadow this person (ideal person will need to pick up things quickly).
- At times this person may be working on 5-7 projects at once.
- The candidate would provide MS SQL Server database expertise as either the lead on database-only projects or serve as a virtual team member (VTM) for larger projects with representatives from multiple Technical Services teams.
- All database staff rotates through the firecall list and will be expected to provide after-hours support for the production environments.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Experience in Always on High Availability and Database mirroring solution
- Experience in Sybase ASE Database administration- Experience in Real Application Testing.
- High availability- Sybase/ Linux Red Hat /Windows/ VMWare environment
- Experience with BMC Patrol, DBArtisan, Quest Pass
- Performance analysis and tuning, MS SQL Server, and Sybase P&T utilities.
- Ability to work within an established Project Development process.
- Should be able to work with already established data models and naming conventions.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, UNIX Solaris 8, 10
- Experienced on migrating existing SQL Server 2000/2005 databases to a higher version of SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014
- Experienced on migrating Sybase ASE old version(11.9/12.x) database into Oracle and MS SQL server
- Experience in implementing Always on HA solution and Database mirroring.