Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Chennai Associate Posts | B.E/B.Tech | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant India announces job vacancies for Associate posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under Cognizant Chennai Associate 2020 Jobs, candidates having required skills in SAP Information Steward, HANA Data Modeling, Apache Hadoop can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Associate.
Job Code: 00039072671.
Education Qualification: B.E/B.Tech.
Experience Level: 4 to 8 years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Guide team in preparation of technical specification documents and review the same.
- Break down the baselines requirements into business and functional requirements.
- Provide support in the development of Proof of Concept Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Leverage product specified services/frameworks without impacts to version changes.
- Share the design document with the functional team post supervisor review.
- Understand performance implications and design for scalability.
- Adept at design as per the latest methodologies adopted (Agile).
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Follow coding standards and cloud products/platform best practices in development.
- Prepare guidelines and checklists (coding checklist, performance checklist, deployment checklist etc) for development and testing activities? Update the performance, development and coding checklist/(s).
- Share developed code with the supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex cross-module/product/cloud integrations as per standards.
- Ensure completeness in test scenario preparation with functional teams.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Identify components for performance testing.
- Consolidate the test results and share with the supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to the supervisor and highlight/recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Update the traceability matrix for the work package developed.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to the supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by the team.
- Provide support for process audit services.
- The Senior Developer should have expert level knowledge of cross-module data models, APIs as provided by product vendor, especially for cloud applications.
- Coordinate with QA team during the testing phase.
- Leverage tools/products for test data preparation.
- Support all upstream and downstream systems for integration and connectivity testing.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Understand the impacts of product version upgrades on developed code for SAAS products.
- Conduct functional/non-functional testing if required.
- Fix complex defects identified during functional/non functional testing.
- Understand the defect impact/criticality and handle accordingly.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per the project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Review defect fixes done by the team guide them.
- Support System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Fix defects identified during UAT within agreed timelines.
- Share the revised code with the supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
Deployment Support and Closure:
- Conduct allocated transition tasks as per agreed timelines.
- Address queries/provide assistance in fixing issues during the warranty period.
- Provide prompt response during production support.
- Fix defects as and when required.
Review defect fixes:
- Maintain code versions, dependency lists & deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity check post-deployment to ensure smooth production Coordinate with cloud product administrators for cloud migration as needed.
- Share activity status with the supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
- Service Support and Maintenance Release Management:
- Participate in scoping meetings and identify transition requirements for new projects.
- Reconfirm requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Freeze SME calendar.
Provide transition activities:
- Regularly track the progress of transitions through weekly dashboards.
- Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging.
- Post information gathering, identify whether the incoming request is a service request or an incident.
- Determine the urgency and impact of the situation.
- Assign appropriate priority to the incident.
- Assign the incident to the right stakeholder for a workaround/fix.
- Conduct analysis on various incidents that occur frequently.
- Categorize recurring incidents as problems/known errors.
- Provide support to resolve these errors.
- Initiate a change management process.
- Analyze and prepare releases based on business process dependencies.
- Enable sprint test cycles and deployment for release management.
- Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by the supervisor.
- Share artifact with the supervisor for review.
- Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
- Seek inputs from the knowledge repository to resolve problems.
- Apply best practices/learning during development activities.
- Guide and mentor team members from a technical perspective to ensure quality improvement.
- Contribute to/search/reuse all types of assets from the repository.
- Support design of practice accelerators, tools incompetency.
Training and Recruitment/People Management:
- Provide support in the creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation on new versions of SAAS products.
- Conduct training with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to domain latest versions of SAAS products.
- Mentor new joiners in EAS function on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to various project managers in the identification of training needs of their subordinates.
- Provide inputs during goal setting and performance appraisal.
Project Planning and Set up:
- Understand and contribute to the resource plan.
- Identify appropriate processes based on the project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in the creation of a project plan.
- Contribute to the hardware/software requirement plan.
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions.
- Analyze functional/non-functional requirements and seek clarifications for a better understanding of requirements.
- Define timeline estimates based on the requirements, complexity and inhouse capability.
- Communicate estimates to the supervisor for review.
- Provide inputs on the technical feasibility of requirements.
- Identify gaps in requirements.
- Share additional requirements identified with the supervisor.
- Measure and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and track task progress reporting.
- Keep a close track on any changes to Requirements and impact to cost and schedule.
Business Development Support:
- Support Technical lead and contribute to proposals for minor enhancements and Application development type projects.
- Follow the standard Cognizant process and estimation methodology.
- SAP Information Steward
- SAP BODS ETL Design
- Maintaining open invoices
Good To Have Skills:
- SAP Data Cleansing
- SAP BODS Job Scheduling
- HANA Data Modeling
- Apache Hadoop