Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Chennai Associate Posts | Bachelor's in Science/Engineering | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the worlds leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant announces job vacancies for Associate posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under Cognizant Chennai Associate 2023 Jobs, candidates having required skills in HP ALM, Jira, and Manual Testing can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Associate.
Job Code: 00056044141.
Education Qualification: Bachelor's in Science/Engineering.
Experience Level: 2 to 5 years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Gather requirements from the Business Analyst to understand the project, skill sets required.
- Analyze time required on the assignment and the # of resources to be deployed based on an initial estimation as created by the Test Analyst.
- Gather review inputs on resourcing and estimation from test manager.
- Create case studies to highlight experience / credentials which feed into the proposals.
- Knowledge Transition and Technical Guidance:
- Understand the highlevel requirements through review of documents (eg Component Design Document/ Requirements document).
- Document the understanding as part of the reverse KT.
- Seek signoff from the client.
- Partner with the Business Analyst to provide suggestions on the requirements to drive clarity based on experience in earlier projects.
- Update/Review KT documents created by Test Analyst.
- Seek review of updated documents from relevant stakeholders.
- Understand the critical business flow in terms of resource load, volume of data etc.
- Conduct feasibility study to identify tools /methodologies /frameworks to meet the client's requirements.
- Design estimates based on the analysis of the requirements and inputs from the test analyst.
Test Requirements Study:
- Understand and analyze the requirements (through review of requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
- Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
- Review/create the requirement traceability matrix.
- Create requirement query tracker (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
- Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
- Prepare highlevel flow documents.
- Organize and drive the requirement walkthrough session.
- Prepare/Review the flow diagrams.
- Reach out to Technology team if required.
- Seek clarification on the requirements from the customer.
- Perform Proof of concepts or evaluate different tools if required.
Test Strategy & Test Planning:
- Provide inputs to the test lead to create test strategy (that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc).
- Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc).
- Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource (Man /Machine) deployment (How it will be tested).
- Seek signoff on the test plan.
- Identify specific entry and exit criteria.
- Provide Test Environment Requests.
- Identify need for test automation along with Test Lead.
Test Design & Test Development:
- Identify the test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
- Identify end to end business critical scenarios.
- Create/Review the test scenarios (created by the Test Analyst) and RTM.
- Design estimates (time /effort) based on the requirements analysis.
- In case of critical technology, create test scripts and seek review inputs from the test lead.
- Identify and validate test scenarios for automation.
- Create automation test scripts.
- Share created test scripts with test lead for review.
- Conduct pilot automation test run to validate the test scripts.
- Validate the test environment set up.
- Participate in customer review meetings and seek sign off by customer on the review comments.
- Based on the changes in the requirement, identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
- If required, provide Test Case walkthrough and seek customer sign off inclusive of Prioritization of Test cases, Optimization options.
Test Execution & Closure:
- Test the defect and update the status, if required.
- Conduct root cause analysis of the defects logged.
- Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
- Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
- Identify the time and cost saving made due to the best practices adopted.
- If requested, participate in release management to share impact of production dates.
- Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
- Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
- Conduct dry run/smoke testing to ensure scripts readiness.
- Execute the scripts.
- Monitor appropriate server monitoring counters (eg CPU utilization, memory utilization etc).
- Perform high level/Sanity testing to ensure testing is intact.
- Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
- Conduct acceptance testing, if required.
- Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by QC tool.
- Track # of test cases executed as part of the daily tracker to ensure productivity.
- Provide automation/white box and other NFR status to Test Lead.
- Maintain knowledge management portals and create knowledge artefacts (eg collaterals, reusable assets) to drive knowledge management.
- Capture and document the business/ application levels requirements details in WIKI that can be used for induction of new members to the project teams.
- Conduct KT for new team members.
- Organize boot camp for new joinees.
Audit and Maintenance and Support:
- Participate in audit at various stages to check for adherence to the CTS processes or guidelines (sometimes client specific).
- Upload the project specific information in portal (eg Cognizant 20/sharepoint portal.
- Specific to PACE Validate recommendations by conducting reassessment post a certain period to check whether required results are met or not.
Project & Stakeholder Management:
- Track resource availability based on the criticality of the project.
- Take corrective steps to ensure project health.
- Assess the technical skills of the resources.
- Provide requisite training.
- Seek additional resources from test manager, if needed.
- Identify and track the risks along with the mitigation for closure.
- Prepare status reports (task planned for the current & next week, tasks accomplished, action items.
- analysis resource workload etc).
- Share information on the project health through weekly calls with client.
- Participate in a monthly governance meeting (Progress on each application, Utilization Report, Types of defects, Value add provided by the team, Improvements in the form of artefact creation, productivity etc).
- Track and Monitor metrics (productivity, effort deviation, schedule deviation etc) to Cognizant 20.
- HP ALM
- Manual Testing
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with Cognizant career portal and login in to apply.