Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Chennai Senior Associate Posts | Bachelor's in Science/Engineering | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant announces job vacancies for Senior Associate posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under Cognizant Chennai Senior Associate 2023 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Machine Learning, Data Science, and Python can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior Associate.
Job Code: 00055554271.
Education Qualification: Bachelor's in Science/Engineering.
Experience Level: 6 to 9 years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand the project scope, identify activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks and provide inputs to Module Lead for review.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
- Review plan and provide feedback on gaps, timeline and execution feasibility etc as required in the project.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams and provide feedback on requirements.
- Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
- Based on understanding of system upstream & downstream, provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
- Prepare the LLD/ detailed design documents based on HLD and briefing from Module Lead.
- Seek inputs from the developers on specific modules as applicable.
- Consolidate all modules and provide to Module Lead/ Architects/ Designers for review.
- Suggest changes in design on technical grounds.
- Develop components inventory for the code to be developed tying it to the nonfunctional requirements.
- Perform sampling of data to understand the character/ quality of the data (project dependent in the absence of data analyst or designer).
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to develop code and check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight / recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
- Develop unit test case for each module.
- Conduct/ guide conducting of unit and integration testing and fix defects.
- Review/ approve code to be moved to testing environment.
- Provide support to the QA team and coordinate for various phases of testing.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
- Maintain versions of the code or consolidate version maintained by the Developers.
- Provide support as required to the Administrators during configuration, code backups, deployment etc.
- Assess and create deployment/ roll back plan.
- Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right version is checked in.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity checks post deployment to ensure smooth production.
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
- Monitor work of the developers and share work achieved with them.
- Provide guidance through SDLC.
- Provide status of progress to leads.
- In case of change requests, provide inputs on the plan.
Service Support and Maintenance:
- Specific to production and maintenance support:
- Provide support for 1 week and hand over to production team.
- Identify if the incoming request is a service request/ defect during the warranty or an incident.
- If it is code defect in the warranty, highlight to Lead and initiate defect fix process.
- Post warranty, support in transition to maintenance team.
- Post release participate in project review call and discuss points on what went well and what didn't.
- Create and update knowledge articles (case studies, lessons learnt) in the knowledge management repository.
- Guide developers in creating such documents.
- Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
- Conduct training through academy or internally within the team.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews for internal transfer or external hiring.
- Provide feedback on Developers form technical /domain standpoint to the module lead.
Must Have Skills:
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
Good To Have Skills:
- Natural Language Processing
- Advent Geneva
- COTS Products(BFS Ast&Wlth)
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with Cognizant career portal and login in to apply.