PayPal Chennai Data Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American multinational financial technology company operating an online payments system.
In the latest job announcement, PayPal careers India announces job vacancies for Data Engineer posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under PayPal Chennai Hiring Data Engineer 2021 Jobs, candidates having the required skills in Big-Data Technologies can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Data Engineer.
Job Code: R0079895.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 4+ years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Interfaces with Chennai Essbase team providing direction other data engineers to manage portfolio of maintenance and support
- Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver Essbase data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Supports PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use data financial analysts, data scientists and leadership for to drive decision support around critical financial business processes.
- Essbase code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version. Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests.
- Participates in Essbase and Enterprise Data Source architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are directly related to their area of focus.
- Responsible for managing multiple applications within the Essbase Domain, providing necessary support and maintenance activities.
- Should be comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams, should have appetite to learn and be flexible to pick up new technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Essbase (ASO, BSO, Calculation Scripts, Rules, MDX, MAXL).
- Advanced knowledge of Smart view and Financial Reporting Studio.
- Manage and ensure that financial data loaded to various Hyperion Essbase systems are complete and that validation checks are performed throughout the process.
- Apply Finance / Accounting knowledge to understand Client requirements and to drive out the most suitable report definitions that would help streamline the close process, including eliminations, allocations, and reconciliations.
- Extensive knowledge in setting up user access in Shared Services for different applications.
- At least 4+ years past professional Essbase Data Engineering development or consulting experience in Essbase system design, deployment and support.
- Should know EPM and knowledge on OAC is preferable
- Can be relied on to deliver a data pipeline on time and to requirements, without data quality issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Can triage and resolve data/process issues
- Expert understanding of Data Modelling Concepts, experience with modeling data and metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience with building Logical and Physical data models.
- Familiar with various big data technologies (Teradata), open-source data processing frameworks.
- Evaluates and implements data solutions with various big-data technologies.
- Good understanding of data processing, data structure optimization and design for scalability.
- Good understanding of REST-oriented APIs including an understanding of distributed systems, data movement and optimizing ETL processing of extremely large datasets for SLAs.
- Excellent communication and team player skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful delivery of Data solutions.
- Understanding of version control systems, ITSM, GIT, etc. and SOX oversight or release management.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with PayPal career portal and login in to apply.