Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Kolkata Programmer Analyst Posts | Engineering Graduate | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant India announces job vacancies for Programmer Analyst posts, with work location in Kolkata.
Under Cognizant Kolkata Programmer Analyst 2020 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Automation, Selenium, Core Java can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Programmer Analyst.
Job Code: 00039646391.
Education Qualification: Engineering Graduate.
Experience Level: 3 to 5 years.
Job Location: Kolkata.
Apply Mode: Online.
Test Requirement Analysis:
- Participating in user story reviews and identifying gaps in requirements both functional and NFR.
- Create/modify RTM with each and every requirement mapped to one or more test cases , test scripts & defects from Functional, integration & acceptance test code/scripts.
- Perform Requirement Analysis – Understand the application and technical design docs.
- Participate in Backlog grooming session with Product owner and scrum master to priotize the stories from backlog.
- Creation of subtasks as applicable.
- Create/modify query/clarification tracker & discussion with development teams/scrum master/onsite for query resolution.
- Test Strategy and Test Planning:
- Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc)* Participate & provide inputs, get clarifications in the sprint review meetings with product owner, the Scrum team, project management, customers and developers from other projects.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
- Participate in joint applications development with SMEs, session leaders, developers, architects to understand the low-level design components.
- Assist/support the development team in unit test automation, identify environment dependencies, deployment strategies, release cycle, test data dependencies etc.
- Test code developed for automation and non-functional should have zero defect.
- Perform In Sprint automation.
- Perform Automation Script Maintenance.
- Write effective and reusable tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
- Adherence to customer/scrum team defined tools/process such as coding standards, SCM & CI standards.
- Ability to write a program/ understand code snippet/technicalities.
- Focus on reusing existing framework to develop automation & non-functional test scripts and usage of cognizant solution accelerators to achieve >98% code coverage/Scrum defined.
- Script maturity – Develop automation scripts as necessary.
- Release/Sprint level activity demonstration with the customer.
- Completeness of deliverables based on task commitments.
Coding Practices & Defect Management:
- Ability to understand the software development process in Agile & DevOps model.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions iwith project team.
- Work with the development team to help define and maintain quality standards.
- Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by tool.
- Track defects (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure.
- Retest the defect and update the status.
- Involve in design review meetings, participate in joint application development (JAD) session discussions with developers.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):
- Conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same.
- Record and maintain testing evidence and track the execution status of assigned test cases.
- Identify defects and log failures.
- Conduct acceptance testing, if required.
- Provide deployment and post-production support if required.
- Identify the test suite for execution, if required.
- Test Execution/ Reporting Strategize & prioritize tests in fast-paced agile development.
- Execute automated test scripts using technology concepts.
- Leverage test automation framework using the identified test automation tool.
- Incorporate the automated tests into a continuous integration process.
- Possess beginner level knowledge on Continous Integration, Continous deployment, Continous delivery & basic knowledge on CI/ CD tools.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:
- Building reusable script library files.
- Participate in framework assessment and tool evaluation.
- Leverage cognizant analytics and continuous testing tool to identify defects early in the lifecycle.
- Identify training needs & continuously improve skills.
- Maintain cordial relation with peers, developers & other stakeholders in the project.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:
- Create/Update Knowledge Repository /artefacts based on project/customer needs inclusive of business/ application levels requirements details in WIKI.
- Participate in knowledge transition calls to understand the system/application/requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite or share the document detailing out the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding on the same.
- Organize KT sessions for new team members.
- Focus on creating innovative tools/solutions as required by the project demands.
Project, Configuration & Release Management:
- Possess fundamental of software configuration management including version control techniques and the establishment of baselines.
- Possess hands-on working knowledge of at least 1 software configuration management tool.
- Understand the project development life cycle, ability to break down the tasks into small work breakdown structures, timely reporting of status & uploading of quality deliverables on time.
- Core Java
How to apply:
- Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through the online mode by initially registering with the Cognizant company career portal and login to apply.