S&P Global Hyderabad Database Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in the areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global careers India announces job vacancies for Database Engineer posts, with work location in Hyderabad.
Under S&P Global Hyderabad Hiring Database Engineer 2021 Jobs, candidates having required skills in SQL DBA, Cloud can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Database Engineer II (SQL DBA, Cloud).
Job Code: 267036.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5+ years.
Job Location: Hyderabad.
Apply Mode: Online.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will work within a global team of professionals to engineer SQL and NoSQL data management applications in AWS. And also you will Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte Database Systems that will enable S&P Capital IQ to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web-based CIQ Platform and MI platform.
- Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies
- Troubleshoot Infrastructure & application-related issues to triage Major Incidents.
- Analyze/research alternative solutions and develop/implement recommendations accordingly
- Drive high availability, high efficiency, and low cost database solutions
- Work with application teams to understand issues and propose solutions
- Solve, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Work with other teams with in operations and peer groups like Development and QA as a lead and/or member.
- Work with IT Server Management and other groups and make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per the SLA.
- Contribute to best-of-breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Willing work on 24/7 shifts
- Perform database backups/ refreshes in non-prod environments.
- Participate 24x7 on call tier 3 support on a weekly rotating schedule
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on database administration, support ,performance tuning and AWS Engineering experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified is a plus
- Good MS SQL Server hands on experience
- Good hands on experience in AWS Engineering
- Experience with additional RDMS like NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, Oracle, PostgreSQL , Search database Technologies such as Elasticsearch, SOLR, Casandra is a huge Plus
- Good experience with database support, administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
- Moderate Experience with Transactional Replication and Log Shipping is a must.
- Basic knowledge on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language is a must.
- Knowledge SQL Server Analysis Services is a plus.
- Knowledge on Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn and Windows Clustering is a plus.
- Experience with Automation technologies such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like ADO.NET), Operating Systems, networks and Storage is a plus.
- AWS Certification is huge plus
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with S&P Global career portal and login in to apply.