S&P Global Hyderabad Senior SQL Database Administrator Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in the areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global careers India announces job vacancies for Senior SQL Database Administrator posts, with work location in Hyderabad.
Under S&P Global Hyderabad Hiring Senior SQL Database Administrator 2022 Jobs, candidates having required skills in MS SQL Server, SOLR, Vertica, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Search database Technologies can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior SQL Database Administrator.
Job Code: 269506.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5+ years.
Job Location: Hyderabad.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies
- Troubleshoot Infrastructure & application related issues to triage Major Incidents.
- Analyze/research alternative solutions and develop/implement recommendations accordingly
- Drive high availability, high efficiency, and low cost database solutions
- Work with application teams to understand issues and propose solutions
- Solve, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Work with other teams with in operations and peer groups like Development and QA as a lead and/or member.
- Work with IT Server Management and other groups and make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per the SLA.
- Contribute to best-of-breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Willing work on 24/7 shifts
- Perform database backups/ refreshes in non-prod environments.
- Participate 24x7 on call tier 3 support on a weekly rotating schedule
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation
- Good MS SQL Server hands-on experience
- Good hands-on experience in AWS Engineering
- Experience with additional RDMS like NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, Oracle, PostgreSQL , Search database Technologies such as Elasticsearch, SOLR, Casandra is a huge Plus
- Good experience with database support, administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
- Moderate Experience with Transactional Replication and Log Shipping is a must.
- Basic knowledge on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language is a must.
- Knowledge SQL Server Analysis Services is a plus.
- Knowledge on Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn and Windows Clustering is a plus.
- Experience with Automation technologies such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Bash, powershell, Python is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like ADO.NET), Operating Systems, Network and Storage is a plus.
- AWS Certification is huge plus
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with S&P Global career portal and login in to apply.