S&P Global Mumbai Senior Software Engineer Posts | Bachelor's degree/Engineering | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global India announces job vacancies for Senior Software Engineer posts, with work location in Mumbai.
Under S&P Global Mumbai Senior Software Engineer 2020 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX/Linux Operating System can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior Software Engineer.
Job Code: 256088.
Education Qualification: Bachelor's degree/Engineering.
Experience Level: 4 to 7 years.
Job Location: Mumbai.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Design and development of Java applications for SPDJI web sites and its feeder systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, Debugging & Documentation.
- Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web-based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object-oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment/sandbox for application development.
- Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 4 to 7 years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Strong Experience with Java, J2EE
- Excellent working experience on Core Java concepts like Collection, transactions, Multithreading etc
- Experience with Spring framework and web services
- Should have strong experience on at least one of the below skills
- Experience in Oracle Database environment – SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Experience in DB Concepts like Joins, Views, Functions & Stored Procedures
- Good working knowledge on Invoking SQL Statements, Debugging stored Procedures, Exception handling, DB Interaction
- Experience in deploying Java/J2EE applications on Weblogic servers.
- Experience with Toplink/Hibernate or other OR-mapping technologies.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- Experience using system tools, source control systems, utilities and third-party products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options asset classes.
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using JQuery, HTML5 & CSS.