Visa Bangalore Senior Database Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
Visa is an American multinational financial services corporation, facilitates electronic funds transfers throughout the world.
In the latest job announcement, Visa India announces job vacancies for Senior Database Engineer posts, with work location in Bangalore.
Under Visa Bangalore Senior Database Engineer 2021 Jobs, candidates having the required skills in DBA, SQL can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior Database Engineer.
Job Code: REF30734T.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Level: 5 to 7 years.
Job Location: Bangalore.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment and support of DB2 LUW and NoSQL database technology.
- Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of DB2 UDB on LUW and DB2 partitioned databases/ DPF in high SLA environments. Support NoSQL
- technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis will be a plus. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain DB2 LUW databases in production and non-production environments.
- Support local failover with TSA and High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment. Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA’s and performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is necessary.
- 5-7 years of DBA experience, generally with DB2 LUW and partitioned databases/ DPF environment.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with DB2 UDB RDBMS technologies is mandatory and good understanding about BLU acceleration.
- Sound knowledge of all UNIX and DB2 UDB utilities. Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Proficiency in writing SQL procedures, functions and packages for administration and application support and experience with Q replication, Range partitioned tables, Hash partitioned tables, Replicated MQT's and MDC's.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, scripting languages, data modeling and business intelligence tools.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Sound knowledge of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra is preferable.
- Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.