DXC Technology Chennai Database Administrator Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
DXC Technology is a leading technology company that provides information technology and consulting services to businesses and governments.
In the latest job announcement, DXC Technology announces job vacancies for Database Administrator posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under DXC Technology Chennai Database Administrator 2022 Jobs, candidates having required skills in DBMS can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode
Job Designation: Database Administrator.
Job Code: 51400270.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 3 years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing or deleting old or obsolete files. Develops complex data retrieval queries and optimizes data queries within programs for performance and maintainability. Determines data to collect and analyzes information as appropriate.
Analyzes and determines informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for complex databases. Recommends and implements course of action based on analyses.
Defines logical attributes and inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
Tests designed applications utilizing database management software and/or general programming software to enhance performance. Determines test's) to use and collects appropriate data as has been established.
Installs, implements and supports complex systems within user base; creates and updates database installation instructions and design changes for client use.
Monitors and coordinates installation and upgrades of hardware and software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
Provides work guidance and leadership to less experienced personnel. Acts as technical project leader on assigned projects.
Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in database design or maintenance
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS)
- Experience working with performance modeling and benchmarking skills and relational databases
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good programming skills for database management and general software
- Good communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers, and managers
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Willingness to travel
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with DXC Technology career portal and login in to apply.