Siemens Bangalore Database Administrator Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
Siemens Ltd, a German conglomerate company, focuses its services in Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities.
In the latest job announcement, Siemens announces job vacancies for Database Administrator posts, with work location in Bangalore.
Under Siemens Bangalore Database Administrator 2022 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Oracle database, PL SQL developer/SQL developer can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Database Administrator.
Job Code: 346672.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 6 to 8 years.
Job Location: Bangalore.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Responsible for Database Tuning, Query Tuning, Schema changes, Data pump, Rebuild, reorg activities.
- Maintaining and managing Procedure/ Packages.
- Database operations (running scripts, Database scripting (stored procedures, triggers, scheduled tasks)
- User management, Wallet creation, managing privileges and roles as required
- Capacity management.
- Gathering table, schema and index stats collection and rebuilding indexes.
- Database cloning, backup and restoration process
- Housekeeping for tablespaces, data files, backups.
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g., scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Creation and managing of database links as per the requirements
- Support development team with additional testing (e.g. version upgrades, patching) and troubleshooting
- Coordinate activities with data center team, Execute emergency drills for database operations
- Escalate problems to software supplier(s), managing incidents
- Root Cause Analysis - Experience diagnosing operational issues and determining root cause including any tools for analysis
- Investigate problems associated with the Database performance.
- Tuning of Oracle database systems. Tools included are AWR reports ADDM
- Participate in rolling on call duty support for entire services (approx. 4 times per year, 1 week each)
- Good experience working on DevOps tools like Jenkins, GIT , OpenShift
- Self-driven and problem-oriented
- Build and manage database jobs in Jenkins
- Experience in Tools like Toad / PL SQL developer / SQL developer.
- Experience: 6 – 8 years-- Must have Experience: 6 plus Years in Oracle DB Admin – experienced, Oracle Versions 12.2, 19c and Linux operating system – expert, Jenkins, GIT, OpenShift,Shell scripting, Nagios – basic, SQL/ PLSQL.
- Data Warehousing Know-how
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Basic JAVA Programming Skills
- Knowledge of Web services
- Experience with ETL processes and tools
- German Language Skills will be added advantage
- Domain Knowledge of EDI will be added advantage
- Conversant with agile software development processes / methodologies and exposure in working with multi-site global teams.
- Good exposure to business domains and ability and knowledge to connect business needs with database deliverables
- Oracle database
- DB refresh
- DB Point in time recovery, RMAN
- Jenkins / Jenkins Pipelines
- Data guard
- Linux / basic shell scripting / Ansible
- Tools: Nagios /Splunk, Putty
- Service Now
- Cloud knowledge (AWS/Google cloud/Azure)
- Devops experience is added an advantage.
- Database (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with Siemens career portal and login in to apply.