VMware Software India Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore Senior Data Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
VMware is a leading American multinational technology company, provides IT products for Desktop software, Server software, Cloud management, Application management, Networking and security, and others to its clients globally.
In the latest job announcement, VMware India announces job vacancies for Senior Data Engineer posts, with work location in Bangalore.
Under VMware Bangalore Senior Data Engineer 2021 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Spark, Flink, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Avro, Parquet, Airflow can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior Data Engineer.
Job Code: R2101962.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5+ years.
Job Location: Bangalore.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Generate and maintain complex data sets needed for analytics
- Design and implement solutions to automatically extract, transform, and load data sets where needed
- Create scripts, tools, or other software solutions to help enforce data governance policies
- Understand business KPIs and the definitions used in reporting on them
- Engineer solutions to resolve the issues in the data sets
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to improve data health, quality, and governance
- Assist data quality initiatives by engineering solutions to enforce data governance policies
- Maintain an understanding of the data creating business processes
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement internal process improvements resulting in higher quality data
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to simplify access and reportability of existing data
- Create data tools that analysts can use for data visibility needs
- Maintain an understanding of the reporting and analytics tools used by the Data Analysts
- Support one time needs to extract, transform, and load data sets in existing tools and system
- 5+ years of experience building modern data warehouse solutions
- Experience in big data technologies. (Spark, Flink, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Avro, Parquet, Airflow, etc)
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data quality, data security, analytics and BI, and data architecture
- Solid background in dashboard & report development, business analysis, and requirements gathering
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge in a business environment with large-scale complex data sets
- Technical knowledge and experience working with and building relational and dimensional data models, data pipelines/ETL workflows and integrating data using APIs
- Experience in scripting languages for modifying large data sets like python or SQL
- Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to use a consultative approach and persuasive communication
- Works well with complex requirements and minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with Informatica to build and maintain data pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud services, specifically Redshift and S3
- CRM knowledge such as Salesforce, Oracle Sales cloud, SAP BRIM is a plus
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience working on database migration projects