Amazon Development Centre (India) Pvt. Ltd Chennai Software Dev Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
Amazon Development Centre (India) Pvt. Ltd, a leading online e-commerce website.
In the latest job announcement, Amazon announces job vacancies for Software Dev Engineer posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under Amazon Chennai Software Dev Engineer 2023 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Test Automation frameworks, Java, C++, or C# can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Software Dev Engineer.
Job Code: 2434796.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5+ years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive the vision and implementation of test infrastructures and frameworks that allow developers to easily write reliable tests.
- Invent ways to ensure that every change we make can be deployed safely and quickly.
- You will help solve our most difficult challenges, and you will coach other engineers to foster a culture of relentlessly high standards.
- Review and coordinate with automation strategy across multiple teams and layers of technology stack (OS, services, API, SDK, application, UI and end-to-end).
- Provide patterns and examples for the team to automate tests for all types of testing (service integration tests, functionality, API/SDK, UI, performance, security, and more).
- Assess automation efforts to look for gaps and to suggest better approaches as needed.
- Plan and create tools to automate manual tasks, aid in operational work, and as supplements to automated testing.
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- Develop and deploy new test frameworks and monitoring systems.
- Drive execution and maintenance of test frameworks, tests, and release processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of dependencies, and how to build automation to prevent regression from upstream/cross-stream changes.
- 3+ years of test automation frameworks and tools building experience
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development testing experience
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in backend automation testing. This must include experience in designing, developing, debugging and executing automation frameworks.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.Strong analytical and problem solving skills.Expert level knowledge and capability with automated test tools and concepts such as Web Services, REST API testing and automation. Experience in building and operating low-maintenance testing frameworks and automation tools.
- A deep understanding QA methodologies, life cycle and processes and multiple forms of software testing: component, regression, functional, stress, performance testing, etc.
- Expert in all aspects of testing strategy, planning, process definition, test data management and defect management.
- Should have expertise in performance and load testing (Jmeter, Gatling, etc).
- Experience with Source control and Continuous Integration.
- Experience in testing services, web applications, mobile apps, and APIs, including overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, profiling and troubleshooting complex production software issues.
- Ability to lead projects and drive them to completion in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) will be advantageous.
- Prior experience as a SDET/Test Automation lead strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with testing performance across assorted network quality and conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical leaders.
- Experience in testing secure, multi-platform applications and/or consumer devices.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
- Takes full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with Amazon career portal and login in to apply.