Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd Kolkata Software Engineer Posts | Graduate | Apply Now
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Ltd is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
In the latest job announcement, Cognizant careers India announces job vacancies for Software Engineer posts, with work location in Kolkata.
Under Cognizant Kolkata hiring Software Engineer 2021 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Java, Spring MVC, Spring Core can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Software Engineer.
Job Code: 00044409752.
Education Qualification: Graduate.
Experience Level: 5 to 8 years.
Job Location: Kolkata.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Clearly understand role and competency proficiency expectations for self.
- Demonstrate appreciation of diversity and inclusion in professional interactions.
- Highlight any observable deviations in areas of diversity and inclusion.
- Participate in recruitment processes under supervision.
- Refer new talent for hire.
- Be a part of the mentoring process and start mentoring members under supervision.
- Report any deviations from people practices that do not reflect organizational values.
- Conduct people management processes with fairness, transparency and diligent.
- Delivering superior engineering outcomes:
- Understand the competency proficiency role mapping for self.
- Solicit performance feedback and use it to identify proficiency gaps in the remit of the role.
- Update the home manager of any concerns with regards to the responsibilities undertaken in an engagement.
- Help team members articulate project expectations, provide guidance and supervision to deliver the defined tasks.
- Participate actively in responding to requests for help/assistance.
- Proactively engage with members to understand their challenges and direct them to knowledge centers within the community.
- Make judicious and practical commitments while undertaking engineering responsibilities.
- Highlight any dependencies, risks and bottnecks which can influence your commitments.
- Make every effort to ensure your commitments are honoured and delivered.
- Proactively reach out for feedback from peers and managers.
- Provide reviews and feedback when requested by peers.
- Work out an improvement plan with the managers when applicable.
- Understand the metrics that are relevant for benchmarking different activities.
- Understand the impact of the metrics to the business outcomes of the customer.
- Understand how the metrics are mapped and tracked in Cognizant system.
- Fostering strong competency:
- Clearly understand enablement goals and be able to explain the same to team members.
- Identify the enablement needs of the team.
- Set up strategy and processes for driving competency gap identification and closures at a community level.
- Drive best practices for eliciting competency proficiency gaps.
- Set up a plan for closing individual role competency gaps and work towards the same.
- Facilitate participation of team members in various experience building forums.
- Operating efficiently:
- Ensure the skill profile and resume are kept current.
- Manage a roster of interview panelists from your team and ensure nominations are load balanced and respect individual constraints.
- Prepare knowledge base for providing engagement related induction to new joiners from engineering community.
- Extend support for helping new community members settle into their new role, including logistical help if required.
- Be accountable for resolving any conflicts transparently and fairly during the performance management process.
- Drive community specific performance management operational processes.
- Keep a tab on the Rewards and Recognition process, rewards granted and works with operations team for required changes.
- Motivate leads and Managers to reward associates in an appropriate and timely mannerUpdate Resume in HCM and ensure skill profile in MyCareerApp are current.
- Mentor your teams to keep record the skill profile promptly and bring newly acquired skills and proficiencies to the notice of their home manager.
- Undergoes talent profiling to benchmark the given associate within the Community.
- Building Engineering Mindshare:
- Identify ideas that can be converted into reusable assets.
- Contribute towards creating reusable assets.
- Contribute to white papers under guidance.
- Contribute to experience papers under guidance.
- Contribute to case studies under guidance.
- Spring MVC
- Spring Core
Good To Have Skills:
- Spring Boot
- Angular JS
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with the Cognizant career portal and login in to apply.