PayPal Chennai DevOps Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American multinational financial technology company operating an online payments system.
In the latest job announcement, PayPal announces job vacancies for DevOps Engineer posts, with work location in Chennai.
Under PayPal Chennai DevOps Engineer 2022 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Ubuntu, Red Hat, OEL, CentOS can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: DevOps Engineer.
Job Code: R0079268.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 7+ years.
Job Location: Chennai.
Apply Mode: Online.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in the field of Computer Science/Information Technology or other related fields
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding and thorough working knowledge of Unix/Linux based operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, OEL, CentOS) and good knowledge of infrastructure components across the stack
- Hands-on experience in Linux/Systems administration, scripting/programming and troubleshooting OS level issues
- Strong understanding of operating systems security requirements, hardening guidelines (CIS) and experience with hardening implementation
- Hands-on experience in package repository management solutions like Artifactory, DockerHub, Nexus
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of DevOps and Infrastructure as Code in designing and implementing engineering solutions for infrastructure management and operations (in any of the infrastructure stack; any prior experience in the OS image management space is a plus!)
- Good experience working with engineers distributed across geographies and timezones; ability to naturally lead and collaborate across very diverse teams
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans or influence leadership with data-backed recommendations to meet current and future requirements around engineering and operations of Operating System images and infrastructure package repositories
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for the administration and appropriate use of Operating System images and packages
- Assume ownership of problems and issues through resolution
- Contribute to R&D efforts to bring in the best and most modern operating systems into PayPal
- Partner closely with the hardware engineering teams to best optimize the OS image for the computes to drive efficiency
- Establish a very well-defined image lifecycle and use policies to enforce image EOL and in turn drive adoption of modern OSes and reduce the surface area of vulnerabilities
- Constantly look for opportunities and drive efforts to make the images as lean and manageable as possible
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Actively contribute in creating a mature image pipeline to perform E2E builds with maximum automation and also support custom image builds using the pipeline
- Actively contribute to design, implement and operationalize a highly available and reliable artifact repository service
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Take security, availability and reliability as a lifestyle
- Demonstrated leadership and experience working in a collaborative and highly cross-functional organization
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives and ability to translate the same to the team to drive towards them
- Deal with ambiguity and drive clarity to self and the team
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make informed and sound decisions in crisis situations
- Strong customer focus, keen attention to details and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clearly and concisely articulate thoughts and ideas to levels above and below
- Strong technical skills to drive technical discussions and be a guide to the team while still giving the necessary room and opportunity for the team to bring out their best ideas
- Assume completely ownership and always feel empowered to do the right thing
- Be equipped and self-sufficient to drive day-to-day execution and run the business very effectively
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with PayPal career portal and login in to apply.