S&P Global Gurgaon Cloud Engineer Posts | Bachelor’s Degree | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in the areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global announces job vacancies for Cloud Engineer posts, with work location in Gurgaon.
Under S&P Global Gurgaon Cloud Engineer 2023 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Java, JEE, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, Jira, and ServiceNow can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Cloud Engineer.
Job Code: 282434.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 3 to 5 years.
Job Location: Gurgaon, Noida.
Apply Mode: Online.
- Play an integral role in the Managed Services offering providing support and expertise to ensure maximum up-time of environments.
- Ensure that client SLAs are strictly adhered to and their primary focus will be on continuous performant operations.
- Be involved in core team tasks including investigating and resolving environment issues, investigating and implementing automated solutions and analyzing and improving existing SCM tool chain applications.
- Be required to liaise with the other teams in Managed Services to ensure the overall team works together as one. As well as various other groups (e.g. Support, Architecture, IT) to ensure issues are resolved, new tools/trends are analysed, etc.
- Be familiar with operating in a challenging environment supported from different locations and should also have a strong appreciation of Development processes, tool sets and delivery infrastructure, and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems and tools.
- Be required to work within a team structure.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies, processes, tool sets and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Manage client cloud environments (UAT and production)
- Occasional outside support hours will be required as part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover
- Action Managed Services requests within defined SLAs,
- Optimize processes around Service Requests, resource reclamation, and monitoring.
- Implement automated solutions for repetitive and manual tasks.
- Analysis and improvement of existing SCM tool chain applications
- Collaboration with Managed Services stakeholders to refine and continuously improve deliverables and services according to their requirements.
- Collaboration with IT / Technical Architecture in R&D to assess tooling and trends.
- Manage internal environments
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems and technologies – including shell scripting, OS configuration and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of the Java eco system, JEE applications and application servers e.g. JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
- Prior experience of Incident Management/Ticketing Systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow) and workflows
- Good knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Ability to work within a team containing geographically disparate people
- Understanding of messaging oriented middleware especially JMS (e.g. IBM MQ, Active MQ)
- Hands on experience of working in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience of supporting a high uptime/high availability (24x7) system
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, concepts and tooling
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Groovy, Perl)
- Familiarity with build automation and dependency management
- Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. SVN, GIT) – branching, hook scripting, access control, backup & recovery
- SQL and JAVA skills would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills with practical, can-do approach
- Proactive work ethic
- Desire and ability for quick learning of new tools and technologies
- Proven documentation skills
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with S&P Global career portal and login in to apply.