S&P Global Hyderabad Senior Database Administrator Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global announces job vacancies for Senior Database Administrator posts, with work location in Hyderabad.
Under S&P Global Hyderabad Senior Database Administrator 2023 Jobs, candidates having required skills in MS SQL Server, PowerShell, SOLR, and Vertica can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior Database Administrator.
Job Code: 292013.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5 to 12 years.
Job Location: Hyderabad.
Apply Mode: Online.
- As a Senior Database Administrator you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte Database Systems that will enable S&P Capital IQ to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform.
- Manage key database releases for QA, Pre-Production, Production and DR as part of the overall SDLC.
- Maintain database including patch applications and enhancements/upgrades of environments.
- Install upgrades and patches to existing databases servers
- Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies
- Solve, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Apply methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Work with other teams with in operations and peer groups like Development and QA as a lead and/or member.
- Work with IT Server Management and other groups and make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per the SLA.
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine tasks.
- Contribute to best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Suggest improvements to current processes and tools we use and also suggest implementation ideas.
- Willing work on 24/7 shifts
- Perform database backups/ refreshes in non-prod environments.
- Participate 24x7 on call tier 3 support on a weekly rotating schedule
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation.
- Should be able to support virtualized environment
- Good MS SQL Server hands-on experience.
- Experience with additional RDMS like NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, Oracle and PostgreSQL is a huge Plus
- Good experience with database support, administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
- Moderate Experience with Transactional Replication and Log Shipping is a must.
- Basic knowledge on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language is a must.
- Knowledge SQL Server Analysis Services is a plus.
- Knowledge on Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn and Windows Clustering is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like ADO.NET), Operating Systems, Network and Storage is a plus.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with S&P Global career portal and login in to apply.