VMware Software India Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore Senior DevOps Posts | Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree | Apply Now
VMware is a leading American multinational technology company, provides IT products for Desktop software, Server software, Cloud management, Application management, Networking and security, and others to its clients globally.
In the latest job announcement, VMware announces job vacancies for Senior DevOps posts, with work location in Bangalore.
Under VMware Bangalore Senior DevOps 2022 Jobs, candidates having the required skills in Python can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Senior DevOps.
Job Code: R2123422.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Experience Level: 5 to 8 years.
Job Location: Bangalore.
Apply Mode: Online.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible to run NSX Intelligence as a Service reliably with no downtime. This will include proactively finding service reliability issues & resolving them as well as responding to customer tickets as a line of defence before involving development engineering.
- Provisioning New Customers: DevOps/SRE team will play a key role in providing a great new Customer signup workflow. When a customer signs up for a subscription service, this team will be setting up the Service for first-time users.
- The rollout of new features & Upgrade: The product is developed in an agile fashion. Every 4 to 6 weeks we will have a new feature roll out and/or new bug fixes. DevOps/SRE team will be responsible for working with customers to identify maintenance windows & rolling out software upgrades to them.
- This is a new team built from scratch. This gives an amazing opportunity to the team to work with cross-functional development teams and help with building an awesome Monitoring system. The monitoring system will include Nagios like features, alert mechanisms like pager-duty, integration with service-now/Jira for tracking issues etc.
Expected skills & relevant background:
- An ideal candidate would already have spent the past 5+ years running SaaS or PaaS type services. Experience in running services reliably on the public cloud & monitoring (& fine-tuning) using Nagios, Zabbix and/or Datadog is a must. If you have worked on other cloud service monitoring tools, we would still like to hear about those.
- The candidate would also have strong hands-on experience in Amazon, Microsoft or Google public cloud deployments (Ansible, Puppet etc). Deploying software to the Public cloud & debugging issues is what will make this engineer successful. Hence the relevant background on this will be expected.
- The candidate will be exposed directly to Customers during issue triaging or new rollouts. Experience in dealing with Customers in similar roles will come in very handy.
- This team is expected to be self-sufficient for the most part. So when the engineer needs a quick tool, the expectation is that they will build it themselves. Hence coding experience in Python will be of great value.
- NSX Intelligence as a Service provides insight into the Networking & Security aspects of the Datacenter. Past experience in Network Analytics & Security will be preferred. SDN experience is a big plus.
- Experience in working closely with Dev/Quality teams in an Agile manner will be highly appreciated.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with VMware career portal and login in to apply.